Supporting Young Children Through Distressing Times
About the bookThis book supports children through distressing times and experiences arising from a range of situations which include: war, domestic violence, divorce and bullying.
- It helps to address the signs of trauma.
- It further assesses the numerous ways in which children respond to stressful situations and it offers a variety of coping strategies for both adults and children.
- It seeks to examine the importance in children and in supporting their learning.
- Paperback: 128 pages
This book includes:
- The traumatised child
- Different exposures to trauma
- Helping children cope
- Learning and development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED) activities
About the author
Umm Safiyyah bint Najmaddin is a mother of two. She received her Diploma in Childcare and Education (DCE) in 2003 and is currently working towards her degree in Psychology. A passionate advocate of the Islamic education of the future generation, she has extensive experience working with pre-school children both in nursery settings and private tuitions.