Allah (swt) declares, “Honour Allah’s covenant when you make a pledge, and do not break your oaths after confirming them, having made Allah your guarantor. Surely Allah knows all you do.” [An-Nahl]
Who we are
Our website address is: https://ibndaudbooks.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
When were these Privacy policies last updated?
- Our Privacy policies were updated July 2020.
What do we do with your information?
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address and contact number.
- For order updates: we send you emails about the status of your order(s).
- For email marketing: we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
What about obtaining my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information as part of the marketing process (e.g. reviewing the free sample), and/or the buying and selling process, it is assumed that you consent to our collecting it and using it for those reasons, e.g. requesting product reviews, informing you of discounts, informing you of the status of your order(s) etc.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Is my information secure?
- Our store is hosted on WooCommerce, who provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our books to you.
- Your data is stored through WooCommerce’s data storage, databases and the general WooCommerce application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Is my payment secure?
- Whichever payment method you choose (PayPal, credit or debit card), the respective payment gateway provider stores and encrypts your credit card data, however your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways (providers) adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us, in which case your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. Hence, once you leave our website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by these Privacy policies.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Can these privacy policies change?
We made need to adjust/amend our approach to privacy, and hence reserve the right to modify this approach at any time, so please review it frequently. This may for instance be due a change in industry standards that require our approach to change.
- Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website.
- If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated.
How can I get in touch about my personal information?
- If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, or simply want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP within 48 hours, or by mail at:
Ibn Daud Books
3 Ingarsby Lane
Houghton on the Hill