Excellence of Patience & Gratefulness
About the book
Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya's RA book:
- Highlights the necessity and the pressing need to pursue these two qualities. It illustrates that happiness in this world and the Hereafter is dependent on them.
- Contains points of benefit from the exegesis of the Qur'an and the traditions of the Prophet PBUH, as well as reports from our pious predecessors.
- Is fully validated with references and juristic issues supported by evidence.
- Provides indications to the spiritual path, all of which become obvious to the one who contemplates.
- Translated by Abdul Ali Hamid.
- Hardback, 393 pages.
About the author
Imam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya RA was born into a scholarly and virtuous family in 691 AH/ 1292 A.D. At that time, Damascus was a centre of literature and thought. Many schools were located there and he studied and graduated under the protection, direction and sponsorship of his father. He was particularly influenced by his Shaykh and teacher Imam Ibn Taymiyyah RA, and also by Ibn ash-Shirazi RA amongst others.
Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyya died in the city of Damascus the year 751 AH/1350 C.E. when he was scarcely 60 years old, and was buried at the cemetery of Bab- al-Saghir, near the grave of his father RA.